Wednesday, July 27, 2016

POP MANGA COLORING BOOK REVIEW

Adult Coloring Book
Published by Watson-Guptill
Jul 19, 2016 
80 Pages
ISBN 9780399578472

Manga artist and Pop Surrealism superstar Camilla d’Errico presents her first ever adult coloring book, filled with portraits, patterns, and the stunning artwork her fans and collectors have come to love.

This one-of-a-kind book offers you the opportunity to collaborate with d’Errico, adding your colors to her gorgeous black and white linework. Featuring everything from haunting and surreal character portraits to pages filled with patterns and designs all rendered in d’Errico’s inimitable style, Pop Manga Coloring Book is guaranteed to provide hours of coloring fun and excitement.

PURCHASE HERE:
AMAZON | B&N | BAM!


REVIEW
In 2001 I found my first adult coloring book in one of the big chain bookstores and have been hooked ever since. I have never read a Pop Manga book before or have I experienced any of the art so when I opened this book it blew me away. This is far from your run of the mill coloring book. The pictures are hand sketched therefore giving them a unique quality it is as if you’ve been given a person’s sketchbook to color.

Camilla d’Errico did a remarkable job creating such an unconventional collection of drawings that it stands alone in its own class of adult coloring books. What you will be coloring is a mix of odd, peculiar, and bizarre with a dash of adorable tossed in. For example, a young person with trees growing out of their head, many freakishly cute creatures, pictures of a girl who wears mysterious Steampunk like headgear. I could go on for hours about how amazing the coloring book is but it is now time for me to get out my instruments and color these pictures!

Go forth my coloring book fans and buy yourself one it is well worth it...  

Oh, I now plan on going to the library and checking out some Manga books I think I will like them. Do you?



CAMILLA D’ERRICO 
has gained wide acclaim for her illustrative work and has been nominated for the Joe Shuster Award and the Will Eisner Award. She is the co-author of Pop Manga and the author of Pop Painting. She has worked with Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Hasbro, Disney, Sanrio, and Neil Gaiman, and created her own cult-sensation properties Tanpopo and Helmetgirls. She is also well known for her melting rainbow, big-eyed girl oil paintings, which have made her a hit in the international Pop Surrealism movement. 



"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment