Saturday, June 23, 2018

Your never disappointed reading a Catherine Ryan Hyde book!!!

Paperback, 332 pages
Published June 19th, 2018 by Lake Union Publishing


Catherine Ryan Hyde is the award-winning author of more than 30 published books. Her bestselling 1999 novel, Pay It Forward, was adapted into a major Warner Bros. motion picture.

After the sudden death of her best friend and law partner, high-powered Manhattan attorney Roseanna makes the impulsive decision to abandon her cushy but unfulfilling city life and buy a tiny house upstate. She soon discovers a young mother and her daughter who have been squatting on the property, and although company is the last thing Roseanna wants, she decides to let them stay. And as Roseanna beings to accept a new reality free of material wealth, she discovers that she is rich in something that can’t be replaced: family.

REVIEW
Most authors who have a long list of books tend to trade quality writing for quantity. There are exemptions to this and one of the best is Catherine Ryan Hyde. Her writing is full of heart and you never put down something she has written with disappointment. Heaven Adjacent stands along with all the other books by Hyde that I love.  

Catherine Ryan Hyde’s books always shine a bright light on a moral lesson in her stories. Heaven Adjacent is no different. When I finished this book, like all her others, I felt more knowledgeable and have a better perspective on the quandary affecting the book's protagonist Roseanna. Usually, I try to not get into much detail regarding the story itself because I don’t ever want to ruin anything for the people who read my reviews. I am making an exception due to the fact I saw a great deal of myself in Roseanna. Therefore, helping me rethink the path that I am on and how I am handling it. After losing her best friend and law partner, she ran towards solitude purchasing a small secluded house with a great deal of land. While on this journey with her you realize that what you're feelings are telling you what is best might not always be what heals those deep wounds. As the story progresses, Roseanna softens around the edges relinquishing the badass lawyer attitude, learning that what you think you need is not always true. Hence, that what you least expect in life helps to heal those wounds also giving you a different outlook on it. As always for this author another spectacular read. 

Go now fellow readers and purchase a copy of the book below at 
your preferred link. 

PURCHASE HERE:
AMAZON | B&N | BAM!


The author of more than 30 published and forthcoming books, including ALLIE AND BEA, SAY GOODBYE FOR NOW, LEAVING BLYTHE RIVER, ASK HIM WHY, WORTHY, THE LANGUAGE OF HOOFBEATS, TAKE ME WITH YOU, WHERE WE BELONG, WHEN I FOUND YOU, WALK ME HOME, SECOND HAND HEART, DON'T LET ME GO, and WHEN YOU WERE OLDER. 

I'm an avid hiker, traveler, equestrian, and amateur photographer, and have released my first book of photos, 365 DAYS OF GRATITUDE: PHOTOS FROM A BEAUTIFUL WORLD. I am co-author, with fellow author and publishing industry blogger Anne R. Allen, of HOW TO BE A WRITER IN THE E-AGE: A SELF-HELP GUIDE.


No comments:

Post a Comment