Sunday, June 28, 2015

Wrong-Sided Story

22095367
Book Blurb
Right-Hearted: Finding What's Right With A Wrong Sided Heart, is a short memoir about my life-threatening heart conditions and an unforgettable girl. I was born with a broken heart. Literally. My heart is on the right side instead of the left. I was also born with 6 other random congenital heart defects, which have demanded that I undergo dangerous open-heart surgeries since my birth 16 years ago. After my last operation 3 years ago, at barely 14, I was sent away to live so that I would not kill myself. I spent 2 years learning to accept my heart conditions and learning to appreciate my beating heart. The blurry ambulance rides, countless surgeries, metal machines and two years in a Montana therapy school have all contributed to the unique teenager I am today. 

Standing before the sky I had little idea my next two weeks would be overwhelmed with wild love, lust, confusion, tears and a beautiful girl. She and I would share the stories of our hearts...our right-sided hearts. Right-Hearted: Finding What's Right With A Wrong Sided Heart is the story of two lustful teenagers who together confront their life-threatening conditions and learn to embrace their broken hearts.

Book Review
The book is not in any way close to its blurb. The blurb is deceptive, making you expect a segment of the book is going to explain Daniels heart condition yet the only reference to his heart condition is it's on the wrong side of his chest. Nothing else. Nada regarding his operations or the six random heart defects. Why did he want to kill himself? At no part does it ever tell us. What is the book regarding you might ask? Exceptional question. Daniel wants more significance in a relationship than just sex. The kid is only in high school! So anyway, he meets Chloe, whom he genuinely likes, but she just wants is "to get it on". Thenceforth the two fool around a lot and that is the basis of the story. There is more to the plot that I will leave a mystery as not to ruin the whole story. I should mention that the writing itself was favorable. The author seems to just have forgotten what topic he was writing about.


LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment