Friday, November 6, 2015

Doodletopia Cartoons

25489229


SYNOPSIS:
Welcome to Doodletopia! Your first stop in this paradise of creativity? The world of cartoons. Your tour guide Christopher Hart is ready to introduce you to the interactive, artistic possibilities of creating your own exciting, hilarious, off-the-wall cartoon characters, gags, and more.

Unlike other doodle books that leave you stranded, with no help at all, Doodletopia: Cartoons pairs fun doodle-based activities with the sort of insightful (and laugh-out-loud funny) advice and tips that countless readers have come to expect from cartooning master Christopher Hart. For the first time ever, you can pick up your pencils, pens, markers, or crayons, and draw, doodle, or color right on the same page as the author.

REVIEW:
My ability to draw has never been impressive so I assumed this book could give me some desired guidance. I am astonished at how well the information regarding drawing is constructed. Such as, the author begins by showing the shapes and how you assemble diverse ones into a person or animal, for example, understanding the shapes you need for drawing a pig.Tips are also given to you while drawing so as not to miss minute aspects of drawing like a beginner like I would do. Whereas, the book contains various assorted drawing activities covering very imaginative exercises. Hereupon, drawing clothing on individuals, finishing the other half of a picture and so much more. Doodletopia is a blast and would be good for anyone of any age if they are interested in learning to draw. My 9-year-old nephew liked it so much he snuck it home in his backpack!






I started drawing character designs for a small animation studio in San Diego, California, when I was still in High School in Los Angeles. I used to drive 136 miles, each way, on the weekends, when I was 16, just for the opportunity to get paid to draw. Cartooning was a magical experience to me.




"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."


No comments:

Post a Comment