Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Girl From The Sea

The Girl from the Sea

by Shalini Boland
Published June 9th, 2016 by Adrenalin Books
306 pages

BLURB
A chilling suspense story of wounded hearts and dark secrets.

Washed up on the beach, she can’t remember who she is. She can’t even remember her name. Turns out, she has an idyllic life – friends and family eager to fill in the blanks.

But why are they lying to her? What don’t they want her to remember?

When you don't even know who you are, how do you know who to trust?

REVIEW
When I started this book I was eager to read it the book's blurb made it sound great sadly it turned out to just be meh. The first few chapters got me hooked though from there the story went down hill. I was under the impression that this book was a thriller yet I found nothing white knuckling about it. Actually, I found it highly repetitive. At times Mia is trying to figure out who she was before the amnesia, though ultimately the plot focuses on her having a raging crush on a gentleman. I will admit I am glad I endured the story through to the end since that part impressed me the most. In addition, it is a quick read.  

Now, this story was not for me that does not mean you will not enjoy it. I expect a lot more out of a thriller than this book provided. Throughout the whole story, only a couple twists were implemented into the plot. In addition, the shocker value had been left out of over ninety percent of the plot. I need more from a story than that minute amount.  

PURCHASE


Hello :) I write suspense thrillers for adults, as well as dark YA adventures. I live in Dorset, England with my husband and two noisy boys. Before children, I was signed to Universal Music as a singer songwriter. As well as writing novels, I also run eBookSoda - a place for readers to get FREE and bargain ebooks - yay!


“Thank you, Netgalley, for allowing me to give an honest review of this book”

No comments:

Post a Comment