Friday, July 24, 2015

Half-Life

25330819
SYNOPSIS:
Half a life is not worth living.

Probably not a good idea to take advice from your dead twin sister. High school sophomore Trisha Traynor and friends have played the Halloween mirror game for years, the one that’s supposed to show a glimpse of the guy they’ll marry. But no one’s ever seen anything. Until tonight—when Trisha is gob smacked by the candlelit arrival of her long-deceased twin sister, instead of her crush, Kirk Maxwell.

In a voice and vision that only Trisha can hear and see, Chessie claims to be back on a compassionate journey. Trisha fears she’s gone nuthouse crazy. But she nonetheless follows the instructions Chessie outlines in their nightly conversations, until she finds herself stepping across some ethical lines, and probably ending all chances with Kirk.

When a sisterly showdown ensues, resulting in the shattering of the mirror, Chessie’s gone again, and a heartsick Trisha sets about righting her recent wrongs. That is until she stumbles upon the real reason Chessie had come back and the most important glimpse yet that the mirror could never predict.


REVIEW:
As an adult, I have to admit I do enjoy reading young adult literature yet, with this book the 108 pages I endured was more than enough. I loath writing reviews on books that I am not fond of but as a reviewer, I have to be honest regarding how I feel concerning the book and how it is written. The blurb of the book gave the idea there was going to be a creepiness factor, for instance, a teenage girl seeing her dead twin sister in the mirror reads an eerie book ahead. The sad fact of the matter is the book contained nothing frightening not even a hang nail. None the less the mother in the book did make my skin crawl since her character is overwritten in the despair department. The prose was light focusing primarily on teenage drama. However, the author did add to the plot a positive point to the story which helped this read a great deal. Even though this book was not my cup of tea I am sure there are pre-teens that will enjoy this book.

This book is under the genre young adult which in literature is traditionally written for ages ranging 16 to 25. I think this book falls more under teen fiction, which is written for ages 10 to 15.




LINKS:








BOOK DETAILS:
Half-Life by Tina Ferraro 

Published by Leap Books
Publication date: March, 24th, 2015
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
ISBN: 1616030267
Pages: 108

About this author:
I am the author of three young adult novels with Random House: Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress, How to Hook a Hottie, and The ABC's of Kissing Boys (AKA Ten Ways to Kiss a Hottie). In addition, I self-published The Starter Boyfriend and released a Lunchbox YA romance, Stupid Cupid.

I've been writing since I learned to hold a pencil and sold upwards of a hundred short stories to national magazines before turning to novels. I share a home in the L.A. area with my rocket scientist husband, some demanding cats, and whichever of our grown kids is in town. My interests include Facebook Scrabble, the color orange, and chasing coyotes out of the neighborhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment